As a specialty foods or natural products business owner, it's critical to keep up with trends and research. These organizations/websites are helpful in keeping up with the value-added, organic, and local and specialty foods movements. They offer a wealth of information and research on trends, resources, new markets and more.
Visit these sites often, and sign up for their free e-newsletters.
- North Carolina Specialty Foods Association
- National Specialty Foods Association
- Carolina Farms Stewardship Association
- Organic Growers School
- Appalachian Sustainable Agriculture Project
- US Organic Standards
- NC Department of Agriculture Agri-Business & Specialty Foods Marketing
- Specialty Food Resource Online Community