NOTICE: Due to strict food safety regulations, we cannot give facility tours to anyone except potential clients with appointments.
Step 1: Do Your Research
- Use the resources on this website to ascertain if your product can be manufactured at Blue Ridge Food Ventures, and that you have the human and financial resources to bring it to market.
- Drafting your marketing and financial plans will enable you to answer questions that will come up during your initial visit with Blue Ridge Food Ventures staff.
Step 2: Plan A Visit
- After you have reviewed all the steps to launch your business and studied the resources available, you may want to make an appointment to come in to see our facility and discuss your business idea.
- Please download and complete our food client questionnaire or our natural products client questionnaire, and send it to Blue Ridge Food Ventures to request an appointment. Due to the volume of requests and our work with existing clients, it usually takes about two weeks to get an appointment.
- The initial visit and consultation fee is $75 and includes a tour of the facility and an overview of our services and discussion of your business idea. Should you become a Blue Ridge Food Ventures client, this payment serves as your application fee.
Step 3: Review our Checklist
- View and download the Checklist for Becoming a User
- It is useful to keep this handy as you go through the process of getting started at Blue Ridge Food Ventures. Please bring it whenever you come for an appointment.
NOTE: This is a checklist only for those things you need in order to get into production at Blue Ridge Food Ventures. In addition, you should develop your own checklist for everything you will need in order to be in business and everything you need to do to be in full compliance with all relevant regulations.
Step 4: Complete an Application Packet
- Once you and Blue Ridge Food Ventures staff have agreed that you will become a client and go into production at our facility, download these documents.
- This is a legal document, and you and any current or future employees are obliged to abide by it.
- Bring your completed application packet and the applicable fees to your next meeting with Blue Ridge Food Ventures staff.
Step 5: For Natural Product-Makers Only
- If you will be making a Natural Product, you will also need to complete and bring in a copy of your Product Ingredient Submission Form.